Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break '10

Oh my goodness, it's been such a great week at home. I decided this spring break to not plan anything and just breathe! I've been at home this week just being a mom and I've LOVED every minute. It certainly is a little taste of summer and if it's any indication, it should be a great one with these little ones.
We have played, crawled and watched the cars go by. Currently trying to get back on a schedule and trying to eat with our hands. Of course, my two cruise right by the vegetables on the plate, but love to pick up the puffs and goldfish and eat those with no problem. They got the cutest toy for Christmas and they love it now. "5 little monkeys" Henley even knows how to make the monkeys "jump"
This is what the kitchen looks like now. Usually happens a few times a day. We go in there for a change of scernery and they love to get into anything they can reach. This was at night after their bath. Nonni got them their cute new PJs -- they were just too cute!
Mornings usually consist of a small bottle (our coffee) and the Backyardagains. Henley LOVES the music. Have I mentioned she loves to dance? Davis is not as interested, but he will sit for a minute before moving onto other things.
Taking pictures usually ends up looking like this.
The babies are really enjoying playing together now. They recognize each other, torture each other and love playing "peep-eye" together. It's been so fun to watch them develop into friends and also it's kind of nice to have a little break from entertaining. I always thought (and heard from a few people) -- if you can get to a year with twins, they start to entertain each other. Well, I'm starting to see the benefits now. Also, it's just fun to have two!
We had a playdate with my friend Valerie and her two boys at the park. It was so fun to be outside even though it's been so cold here. Who knew we would be wearing our big coats on Spring Break?


One more random pic... This is Henley after a bath one night -- she was REALLY into the mirror and herself.
Oh how I've loved being home this week and love these babies.... It's just too much fun right now!

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh, I love those babies too. I just loved getting to be around them, if even just for short periods. Davis has a personality that just glows through his smile...he is a charmer. And I mean, my little girl Henley, she is just everything I love about her Mama rolled into that tiny body! We love ya'll and can't wait until this summer! Gadsden Summer 2010...ha!