Tuesday, June 15, 2010

School's out for SUMMER

You know that feeling you got when it was the last day of school. How do you explain it? It's just the best feeling ever....freedom. Well, being a teacher allows me to have that feeling every year....still. It. Is. Awesome. This year was no different and I hit the ground running. Billy and I packed up and went to the beach with friends for Memorial Day. The babies stayed with his parents in Dothan. We had a blast! Then we came back only to turn around and head back to the beach with my family for an entire week. It has been such a much needed let down after a long school year. Here are some pictures from our week with the family.
We had a private pool with a "zero entry." As you can see it was great for the babies to play. Of course, it is still a challenge with 2 babies, but the pool was great.
I don't know if we were crazy or really smart, but we scheduled a photographer to come take some pictures of the family. It was REALLY hard to get everyone together and half-way happy. After it was over, Ashley had the quote of the trip -- "I feel like I need to go to the hospital." Needless to say, we didn't think we got any good shots. But, the next day, to our surprise the photographer sent us proofs that turned out great! We also took some shots with our camera during the shoot and I got a great one of Davis and then one below of Mom and Dad. We'll just say, Henley does NOT like sand, that or either photoshoots?
Mom and Dad and two good-looking 61 year olds!
Henley was only happy being held on the beach. No sand for her this trip. Maybe next year and thank God for the pool!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness...they look like twins in the last picture!!! I mean, I know they are, but I have never really thought they looked alike. Until now!!!
They are adorable...