Monday, September 28, 2009

A trip to the farm

Well, on Saturday we had an impromptu visit to Gadsden. Billy left for the Alabama game that morning and I just was not comfortable having the twins all day by myself, so we loaded up and went to the farm. Mom and Dad were a big help and I also got a visit in with Meme. We watched the twins and the game. The best part about the farm is waking up to see the sunrise over the horses. It is idyllic to say the least! Since I am already up for sunrise with babies, it was a much needed, peaceful beginning to my Sunday. I also got to try out a different setting, without the flash, on my camera. I thought I did pretty good.
Meme got to come over and eat dinner with us and visit. It was great to see her and she was actually a big help with Henley. She got her to fall asleep in her arms. It thrilled me to see her with the babies and I think it made her pretty happy as well.


Here is Miss Henley in one of her favorite places on earth....the bathtub. She can be in a raging fit and if you put her in the bath it all comes to a screeching halt. The girl will soak in a tub.
Davis is about the same -- loves his bath time. We are working on the "pizza face" -- I have been coating his face with Vaseline at night and poof, pizza face is gone in the morning.

They are both such dolls in the morning....laughing and talking. We have the best time. Nighttime is a different story, but we'll just focus on the mornings today. Davis was still battling pizza face but his smile says it all.
Henley's evil smirk looks like she's up to something.... How cute are they? Ugh, they just kill me.
I feel like they are really becoming little people, developing such personalities. I love them both so much and for different reasons. They have started to notice each other as well. Davis is enamored with Henley, and Henley has her moments where she notices him. I think it's going to be so neat to see them grow and change with each other. They both add so much to our lives in such different ways. Some friends (close ones) have asked if I have a favorite....of course I do! They both are my favorite. I could never explain how I love them equally but so differently. I appreciate their little differences, the only downfall is I don't get to focus solely on them very often because there is always another baby that needs me. It's the only bad side of having twins. I hate I'm missing anything, but I think our experience will be richer with the two of them together....after all, it's all in plan I suppose.

1 comment:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Precious, PRECIOUS babies!! So happy you had some time home in Gadsden with your family. I know they LOVED it, too!

Have you tried Aquafor? Dad swears by it, and it really does the trick. Goes on like vaseline, but it heals even better. It did wonders for us!

Wish I could see them!