Monday, August 1, 2011

Closer to the End

Well, it's been a great summer, filled with visits with friends, trips, and family time. I am embarrassed to say, I've been lazy on the picture taking -- I haven't taken many and the ones I have taken are very poorly thought out. BUT, I don't feel too bad because I made a point to enjoy my summer and my time at home. Since our beach trip, we took at trip to Waverly, AL. Billy played on the "big stage," opening up for Patterson Hood (one of our favs). Of course, this included a stay with some of my best friends -- the Andersons, and it did not disappoint. The first picture is one of my favorite parts of the little town of Waverly. The street sign on Old 280...stating simply...
I love Waverly for many reasons (probably mainly because Marty lives there), but the town is quaint and fun. If you ever get a chance to visit, they have quite a few little festivals throughout the year and music on the main stage... this is Billy Gant playing the show. He was great -- very impressed! and I think he enjoyed getting to play his originals for once. It was a good time had by all.
The Andersons...enjoying the show. Thanks for hosting us! xo
Next trip was to Dothan for little Miss Anne Claire's 1st Birthday! What a doll she is!!! I just love her to pieces, and it's not hard because she has the prettiest blue eyes and petite little self...I could just eat her. Not to mention...she is the last of the babies for the Gant side of our family :-) She really loved her birthday cake!
Anne Claire just happens to be Henley's only girl cousin (to date)...so we tend to go a little overboard when they are together (hence no pictures of the boy cousins!) We just want them to be best friends, and it looks like they are one their way. AC is telling secrets already! (with matching bows!)
And, of course, they shared in making a little tea, with AC's new tea set she received for her birthday. Henley was showing her the ropes...the girl loves to make some tea with her own tea set at home.
Next, since Aunt Martha is such a good thinker...she called and we planned a very impromptu, quick trip to the Wickles lake cabin on Lake Martin. Just a little over an hour and we were there, just the girls and the twins on the lake. We had a very successful overnight trip and a great visit. I was again lazy with the camera, but managed to capture Marty being the best friend a girl could have (which was parked mind you -- we're not that good!)
The twins' new thing is getting naked... It mainly is Davis who takes his diaper off (ALL THE TIME), but I did manage to get this pretty funny pic before the nakedness occurred. He looks very Christmas Vacation to me...just good ole fashion summer time laziness. Henley was at the lake, but my laziness and her nakedness = no pics of her.
A long time coming -- my parents invited the Gants up to Gadsden to visit. We finally set a date and both sets of Grandparents spent the weekend together at the farm. It was happiness overload for the babies! We had such a great time, swimming in the pool, eating, visiting, and seeing the horses. Henley and her Nonni spent some time in the new pool...
The Gants come to the farm... Everybody was excited to go see the horses (after our nap, of course).
Gigi looked like she knew exactly what she was doing on General.
Davis has longed to get a chance to ride, since seeing his cousin Jay ride on our last visit. He finally got his chance. This boy just wants to be 6 yrs old so badly!!!
Lastly, I have taken many years off from riding, and frankly it scares me a little to start back, but I have missed it so... It was a joy to be on a horse (some of you probably find that hard to believe coming from me). I have always LOVED horses...it's just, I'm not that good on one! I try though and I do love it. Hopefully more rides in the future.
One more visit with great friends this weekend, and then it's back to school for me and the kids. They start a new pre-school at the JCC this year and I start with a new principal. We are looking forward to the "new" in our life. I'll keep you posted (and please keep us in your prayers) on our Fall...










1 comment:

Val said...

ugh, I NEVER make the blog :)