Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best of both worlds

What a great day.  Any day off from work is always a good day.  Today, of course, was Veteran's day and school was out.  Very random to just be off on a Tuesday, but maybe it will break up the week nicely.
My big news today was my Dr. appt.  I was thrilled when Dr. Kimberlin decided to do an ultrasound today.  I was not supposed to have one until 20 weeks, so it was a great surprise.  I can officially announce, we will be having a Boy and a Girl!!!!!!!  Of course, we had an idea, but it was great to get confirmation.  Everything seems to real now and I feel SO incredibly blessed.  It still seems so unreal that this is actually happening to me.  I almost feel guilty.  My mind wanders to all those women going through infertility and dealing with the negatives.  I don't think I'll ever shake the pit in my heart for couples like us.  Miracles do happen though!!!  and they can happen to you too!!!  I never thought I would be the one to get to say it, but it's true.
Much love to everyone....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you had such a great appt and got to see those babies!! What a fun doc visit!! No anticipating the ultrasound!! Can't wait to meet them!! (But i can certainly wait until Spring!) Love you!! Dawneee

Val said...

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will now do a happy dance around my kitchen!!!!!! I remember conversations long ago when your fertility problems started and we laughed saying "I bet the Lord has twins in store for you, just imagine." Little did we know how grand His plan would be!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Allison said...

I am so excited for you! Thanks for sharing the news. "Best of both worlds" is such a perfect way to phrase the exictement. You so deserve this happiness and I am glad I get to be a part of it!

Betsy said...

Corey- I am beyond thrilled to hear your good news! Carls keeps me posted but to hear from your words just made me smile so big. You and Billy are blessed and how cool a boy and girl!! I loved how you said how much this whole process has forever changed you...you are so inspiring to share yalls story with others. Can't wait for more updates (i've refuse facebook too!)
Lots of love to you Corey!
Betsy

chris degrace said...

Corey! So great to hear your exciting news and to see you are blogging... I am so impressed! I am so happy for yall and that you are having a boy and girl - like Betsy said, Carlie has been filling us in. I am beyond happy for yall and thankful for these little blessings. I can't wait to hear your whole story - you sound like you have had the most amazing journey and to see the way things have turned out is just wonderful! I love and miss you! Hi to Billy, Allie and the belly!!!
Love, Katie

Carlie McMillan said...

So happy for yall. I am also so proud of you for your blog!!!