Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our Girl


Today is an incredibly sad day for us...we lost Ally. Everybody who knows us, knows how devastating this day is for both Billy and me. Our house will be very empty without her and life will just not be the same.
The past couple of weeks have been hard to watch as she has deteriorated, but at the same time, her condition makes it a little easier to let her go today. We can definitely say, it's time. She's ready to go. What a fighter she was -- she beat cancer once before 5 yrs ago and call me crazy, but this time she held on for us to get through our struggle with infertility. I think she knew she couldn't leave us without seeing us to the next phase of our lives and she did -- thank you Al!
We're trying to focus on all the things we loved about our girl..
Some things we'll miss....
She loved to play keep away, maybe the only Golden in history that hated the water, her "freakouts" in the yard, her saying "hello" or "good morning" when you walked in the door or got out of bed, watching her get the squeakers out of toys (it was her goal in life) and once she got it, she was done, her riding in the backseat with her head out the window, her "hairtoes," she gave the BEST hugs, I'll miss seeing she and Billy play on the floor every night -- Oh how she loved him!, seeing her sleep with her paw across her face -- it was precious..
I think most of all, we'll just miss her sweet face...it always looked like the day we got her.
She was our precious girl....
~ Long may you run~

3 comments:

MRH said...

Farewell, sweet girl. Oh, how I loved you!

Val said...

I checked the blog tonight knowing there would be something said about the sweet girl. She was your first child, and I love what you said about her hanging on to see you to the next phase...not crazy at all. I am glad I got to love on her the few times I did. She had such a sweet spirit.

Deidre said...

Hi Corey! So sorry to hear about your beloved dog. I know how hard it is. I treat my dogs just like they are my babies, and would just be crushed if anything happened to them.
Henley and Davis are growing so quickly! I was amazed to see there new photos!
I was at Shady Grove last weekend and everything went well. Good blood work and ultrasound! I am off to Maryland again on Monday the 1st June for a 2nd June appointment at Shady Grove. Then back to the Bahamas on Wednesday, and finally one week later, my husband and I go back for the transfer. Prayers needed and please cross fingers, toes and anything else you are able to cross! Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon. I lost your email address. My email address is deanodeidre@yahoo.com
Best Wishes,
Deidre