Monday, April 20, 2009

And here we go....

I'm sitting here in the hospital and can't sleep, despite taking 10 mg of Ambien! I guess you could say I'm a little excited! At my doctor's appt today, Dr. Kimberlin tried to do an amino to check lung development, but she realized the fluid on Baby A (Henley) was reaching a critically low place and there was not enough to do the amnio. Sooooo, things changed and I was admitted to the hospital today. Tonight I'm being monitored and then first thing in the morning, I will have my c-section and my babies in my arms.
Wow -- I can't really even begin to explain how I feel right now -- excited, nervous, so thankful and blessed. I definitely feel strong in body and proud of how far we've come. It's all come rushing back to me, tonight, on the eve of my twins' birthdays. All of the despair I faced, all of the painful shots in my stomach, all of the expense of fertility, all of that turned into the past 9 months, with the elation of finding out I was finally pregnant, finally getting to feel the babies move inside me, getting to enjoy (and complain about ;-) this miracle of pregnancy and now finally this is the culmination of it all! ...what a feeling...I know even now, It was ALL worth it!
I'll post pics as soon as I get them on this computer. Much love to all -- C

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't wait to see those sweet faces! i'll be praying for a safe delivery for all!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

i'm on pins and needles!! can't wait to hear!! i'm thinking and praying for you all!! much love! dawn

The Yates said...

i'm thrilled for you and can't wait to meet your precious bundles of joy. you and billy will be the coolest parents ever! congrats and enjoy!

Val said...

I mean, I don't know why I haven't been at the hospital all day...I might as well have been. I want it documented that I have been a MESS today!!! I woke up in sweats worried about you, haven't been able to successfully complete one task all day, and now have a migraine. I am praying praying praying until I hear from you...and even after I do. I love you.