Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bath Time!

Very alert after their bath
Davis
Henley loved being clean!
Henley after her bath
Henley in the bath
Davis after his bath
Davis getting his first bath
Sorry for such a long delay in posting. As you might imagine, it has been crazy the past few days. We arrived home on Saturday, but that night I developed a "spinal headache." It is a complication from my first spinal tap during the c-section. I was in so much pain and had to go back to the hospital on Sunday morning. The cure for a spinal headache is another spinal tap and what they call a "blood patch." They took blood and put it in my spine and the headache was gone! I'm so thankful to be feeling better and also to my friend, Megan, for taking care of me that day. Other than the headache, I have been trying to figure out how to be a mom to twins. My mother has been here for the past few days. It was great to have her help and input -- Billy and I are both so grateful. Tonight is our first night alone, so wish us luck!
This afternoon Henley and Davis took their first bath and I wanted to share the pictures with you. They are beyond precious and we are having SO much fun. I just STILL can't believe I am so lucky! I find myself thanking God so many times a day for such an immense gift.
Also, I just wanted to update you on a friend of mine who had IVF in Maryland with Dr. Levy. I requested prayer from all of you a couple of weeks ago as she underwent the process. I'm SO happy to announce she is pregnant! Please keep her in your prayers as she awaits the milestones and news of the days to come.
One last note, I know I'm jumping around but there are just so many things to share. When I was in the hospital, the phone rang and the number was unknown but had a (301) area code. I remember this being the area code of Dr. Levy's office in Maryland, so I answered. It was sweet Dr. Levy himself! The day I gave birth, my elated mother had emailed the only contact person she had in her phone -- the financial planner in Maryland. She thought her email would probably never reach Dr. Levy, but we were just SO grateful for the gifts we had been given at that moment. He was on all of our minds. Well, the financial planner gave him the email, he looked up my number and called to personally congratulate all of us! He is just a precious man. Thank you again Dr. Levy.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are they???!!! I am cracking up over Davis'outfit. Love the sleeves rolled up and the neck hanging down to his belly button!! There is not much else you can do when they are that tiny! Just wait, he will be busting out of the seams soon enough. You will have to post that picture too! And can you believe this...we have the same bath tub!! These babies might as well be triplets...just with one really large baby...

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

OMGooodness they are cuties! I am so happy you are feeling better! I have been worried about you all week, and am so glad that that blood patch worked!

Have you booked that massage yet? Praying you are feeling so good you don't even need it!

Please call me if you need anything....

Val said...

I already miss them!! See them next week! Love, Aunt Val

Anonymous said...

It's been wonderful to "meet" you through your blog, which I found from a link on the most recent Shady Grove e-newsletter. As for me, I was a patient of Dr. Browne (the one who did your embryo transfer), and am now at 16 weeks pregnancy with my own twins. I am thankful not to have had the kinds of health scares you had along the way, though I certainly can identify with all the negative Beta tests -- enough to be both old hat and yet increasingly devastating, huh? (And I only had the courage to answer the phone once during class -- I'm a teacher too!) Life is such a miracle -- really, truly a miracle -- isn't it.
Diana Lewis-Chun
Woodbridge, VA