Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cap Juluca

Well, we are back! The wedding was sooooo "Emily," over the top in every way. I had feathers and glitter and beads all over me, but it was perfect. Emily was beautiful as always and it was a sweet ceremony. We had so much fun with friends and family the whole weekend. Not to mention the place was AMAZING. We went snorkeling one day and came up on this little island in the middle of the ocean with one building -- it looked just like the Corona commercial. It lived up to the hype for sure.
Chris won cutest bridesmaid!
The ceremony looked the last episode of the bachelor or something...I think Emily got the final rose.
This was the view out of our little villa. NUTS
Billy won the prize for having the best time Thursday night!

Other than that, it's back to reality for me. I started school this week. The kids came on Wednesday and they were so nervous and excited. I love the first few days of school b/c the kids are so quiet. They started coming out of their shell a bit on Friday. So far though, it looks like I have a good class. Keep your fingers crossed!

We missed our babies so much while we were gone. Some milestones to report -- we separated them into their own cribs and they now sleep with no swaddle! I did move them to sleep sacks at night, but during the day, they just have a blanket. We go to the doctor this week and he will probably suggest some cereal during the day and maybe a fruit. We also are a bit concerned about Davis's head...it is a little misshapen. Apparently 56% of all twins experience this, supposedly from being "squished" in the womb. So, there could possibly be a helmet in his future. We'll keep you posted. Personally I think he would be the cutest thing ever with a helmet, but we're hoping not to have to go that direction!

Lastly, kudos to Billy this week, he has been Mr. Mom while I have gone back to school. The babies' daycare doesn't start until Monday and we had noone to keep them last week, so Billy worked it out to do it himself. He did an AMAZING job and the babies had so much fun being with him. I know he is certainly glad daycare starts this week though!
Stay tuned....more pics of the babies coming soon.......

2 comments:

Val said...

Miss you!!! Love you!! I want to come see my babies.

The Weathers Report said...

Hey Corey! Davis and Henley are precious! So happy for you. If you do have to wear a helmet, let me know if you need any info. Ryan had to wear one and I highly recommend the guy here in Bham and we have a friend with twins that the little boy had to wear one and we also have another friend that had one. Needless to say I have LOTS of helmet info on Bham and Atlanta. Start early and do not wait. We didn't get to start until 8 months but if you start at 4months you cut off ALOT of time. Hope school goes well! Lauren Grigsby Weathers