Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh how things have changed


When we were in the hospital, the pediatrician and all the nurses would be sure to stop by the room and tell us what a "hand-full" Henley was going to be. Also, they told us how "laid-back" Davis was. The Dr, whom I LOVED (just about the only thing I loved from UAB), was saying how you will be so surprised to learn babies pretty much keep their personalities, even from the first few days of life. Well, we were confused because when we got home, and in the first few weeks, Henley cried only when she needed something. Davis on the other hand had colic and screamed for hours at night, not the "laid-back" baby we were expecting. Well, now they have completely switched back and the pediatrician was right! Henley is the most dramatic thing...if her foot is even moved the wrong way, it seems like the end of the world may be near. Davis on the other hand takes everything in stride, not letting too much bother him.
This week we have battled our first fever/virus. Thursday night, Henley was up in the middle of the night with 102.5 temp and I was certain it was the Swine flu, but the next morning I checked both of them and they both were around 99. The Dr. said it was just a virus and they seem to be feeling better now.
I have some "action" shots this week. The babies have started to like being out of their chairs more.
Henley driving her spaceship...




The bouncy seat in the doorway has just been introduced, so we're still getting used to it. I'm sure it will be a big hit in the future.

Henley wants SO badly to be able to put her pacifier back in her mouth herself, so all she does is constantly takes it out of her mouth so she can "try" and put it back in. Well, it usually ends up in a crying fit and we have to go and stick it back in for her. It is a PROBLEM, so the other night we just took it away completely -- well, as you see above, she managed to find something else. I think we'll probably have a thumb sucker on our hands. I can't blame her though, I sucked my thumb until I was entirely too old to suck a thumb. Enjoy it Henley...



1 comment:

Val said...

Yes, enjoy it sweet girl- your Mom knows that your Aunt Val was right there with her on the thumb sucking. I can't believe how much older they look just holding their little heads up by themselves. Love ya'll!